Bringing Baby Home
What is Bringing Baby Home?
Bringing Baby Home is a two-day relationship workshop for new and expectant parents.
This workshop is different from any baby class that you will ever attend!
Bringing Baby Home is designed to give new and expectant parents strategies to build and maintain their relationship, no matter how strong it is to begin with. In this workshop, we will focus on strengthening the connection between you and your partner, which in turn will help strengthen the connection of your entire family.
The research behind the magic:
The greatest gift that a couple can give to their child is a sense of security" - Dr. John Gottman
Bringing Baby Home was created by the Gottman Institute, an industry-leading organization with a research-based approach to relationship health.
Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood. Lack of sleep, never-ending housework and new fiscal concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital satisfaction - all of which affect baby's care. Not surprisingly...
...69% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment, and hurt feelings.
Our research-based Bringing Baby Home workshops prepare couples for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible. In a relaxed and supportive environment, parents learn to strengthen their relationship and foster baby's development during this challenging time. They build on what Dr. Gottman and colleagues found is the best predictor of marital adjustment after baby arrives: the quality of friendship in the marriage.
This workshop combines scientific research and public education to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families. It teaches new parents how to gain relationship satisfaction and create healthy social, emotional, and intellectual development for their children. Click here to learn more about Dr. Gottman's parenting research.
Couples will come away from this workshop with:
- Research-based and research-tested strategies to help you cope constructively with the changes that come after the birth of a child.
- Answers to questions you don't even know you have about maintaining the quality of your relationship and building a strong and healthy family after baby comes.
- Strategies for specific situations that arise in those early weeks and are shown by research to diminish the happiness and satisfaction of your relationship and parenting experience.
- A book that you can pull out at 3am when the going gets tough.
- Card decks and activities to support and reinforce the skills you learn in this workshop.
Cost Per Couple: $299 (see the workshop offerings below for Early Bird and other promotional discounts)